The yards of the Group have extensive experience in modernization of vessels of various types and purposes. As a rule, the yards perform the below works on ships’ modernization:
- Installation of new cargo hatch-side coamings (increase of actual coaming height by 2.5 meters) with new deck formation;
- Mounting of transverse bulkheads
- Increase of forecastle height and change of poop deck architecture
- Mounting of new accommodation and wheel house, modernization of living quarters according to International Labor Organization;
- Increase of tank top height in ship’s cargo zone.
- Elongation of ship’s length (increase of cargo carrying capacity) by mounting of extra parallel middlebody with all associated works on reconstruction after ship’s lengthening;
- Re-equipment of ship’s service and special purpose systems.
The most prominent projects are the following:
- Project CNF 03 – modernization of sea tugs into railway ferries;
- Project RST 26 – modernization of oil-and-ore carriers into chemical tankers;
- Projects 005RSD06 and RSD 11 CHELSEA type – modernization of Volgo-Dons, 11 units were constructed.